Jul 27, 2010

Kyosho Gallop 4WS part 2

The motor was upgraded at some point to this Parma/Yokomo modified motor. I'm not sure how many turns it is, but it was probably considerably faster than the stock motor. The ad said it came with custom aluminum wheels... it just didn't mention it only came with 3. One of the rear wheels is plastic.


The Kyosho tag molded into the rear gear box is a nice touch.


I thought the Turbo Optima`s external gearbox was busy... The gallop has 6! And yes, those are wood screws in the last picture.


And last, here`s a video showing how the 4 wheel steering is supposed to work.

Tim.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi tehe,

I have a Kyosho Progress 4 wds,
bud it is missing de gears.

My father gave me this car when i was 10jears old and now i am restoring it for my kid.

I cant find the originals gear set, so i hope that you can tell me how manny teef the gears have.
And how big de bishhing is in de second gear, nect to de pion.