Jun 15, 2011

Tamiya TB-02

I picked up a TB02 last night, with the hopes of running it in our GT2/21.5 class at the FastCats Depot track. The only problem is, I may not be able to get it to a 4.0 final drive ratio. It takes very specific gears made for the car, not to mention they are metric. Although the motor mount in this car has been modified to run a wider variety of pinion gears, the problem is I don't think i can get a 48 pitch metric pinion gear as big as I'd need... something like a 35 tooth. I'll have to try and come up with a modification to run either 48dp or 64dp spurs/pinions.If I can't get my gearing solved in the next week or 2, I may just sell it, and look for a different metric shaft driven TC. (Ironically enough, I want a metric car, but don't want metric gears.)

Here are a few pics of the chassis. Not shown, is a box full of spare parts, 3 bodies (2 used, one brand new) and some old rally tires/wheels. Also not shown is the carbon fiber strip along the bottom of the chassis.





[/Tim Sanderson]

No comments: