Jun 10, 2011

RB5 rebuild two, part 2

I made it to Speed World last night, with enough time to finish rebuilding my RB5, and mounting up a new set of Schumacher yellow mini pins. The wheels and inserts I used were some that were salvaged a while back. I went with some firmer inserts this time.

I finished up with about an hour left to spare, giving me enough time to scrub my new tires before Friday's racing. It also gave me enough time to get used to the triple along the back wall. It's not quite perpendicular to the drivers stand, making it pretty tricky. The safest bet by far, is to land on top of the tabletop, instead of trying to make the entire triple. With that being said, there's just something extra fun about clearing the whole thing in one shot!

Here is a hastily made panoramic view of the entire track:


See you there!

[/Tim Sanderson]

No comments: