Nov 24, 2011

Venom Gambler SCT

A few weeks ago I picked up an almost brand new Venom Gambler Short Course Truck roller. Other than the old SC10 tires/wheels on it, everything is brand new.

The cool thing about this truck, is that it can be run in the mid motor or rear motor layout. This is it in the mid motor mode.

Pictured here are the electronics I plan to try out in it. One of my trusty Spektrum 6040 high speed servos, a 35amp Hobby King ESC, and a Spektrum SR 3000 receiver.

The motor I plan on running in it (for the time being) is a 13.5 turn LRP sensored motor. Seeing as this ESC is only rated at 35 amps, a 13.5 is the fastest motor I can safely run on it. Originally, I had bought it to try out in one of my touring cars, but since I won't run much onroad until the spring, I figure I'd try it in the Gambler.

Pretty much all that's left is to Shoo Goo in the ESC and servo capacitors, and buy some new wheels/tires. I'll post some videos of it when I bring it to the track.

[/Tim Sanderson]

No comments: