Nov 25, 2011

6030 C7 Spy Helicopter -by JOE BIELSKI

I'd like to formally introduce tsan rc's newest contributing editor JOE BIELSKI!
Joe and I became friends a year and a half ago, after meeting at FastCat's opening day for the outdoor 'Depot' track in Toronto, Ontario. It's been all down hill from there. Hopefully we can all look forward to many more entertaining articles from Joe in the near future.

[/Tim Sanderson]

______________________________________________________________

6030 C7 Spy Helicopter
-by JOE BIELSKI

As a radio controlled vehicle enthusiast for the past 8 years, (the last 2 years spending most of my RC time racing 4wd on road cars and 2wd off road buggies) has kept me content. But recently I have found myself exploring other genres of the RC world. Last year I built my first 1.9 scale crawler truck from an old Tamiya CC-01 chassis. Lots of fabrication was involved, and the experience was very satisfying. Who knew that going slow could be so much fun. My friend Tim, who happens to be the creator of this blog recently picked up his first RC Helicopter at a swap meet in Hamilton. This got me interested in the possibility of conquering the skies myself.

I started doing a bit of research on what would be a good helicopter for a beginner. There are so many different scales of helicopters, 2D controlled versus 3D controlled, and so on. As I was digging through the internet I came across the SH San Huan 6030 C7 Spy Helicopter from China.

This is actually a very cool little helicopter that has a tiny camera attached to its belly that uses SD memory cards to capture footage. The camera is turned on and off from the radio controller so you don't have to physically turn the camera on when taking off or landing. Then I found a commercial for this helicopter on YouTube. The commercial is from China but has been recorded in English. This is when the hilarity ensues.

It actually took me a minute to realize that the ad was in fact in English. Lines like, "Push the button, the light will twinkling, the camera start working. Enjoy your flight, enjoy your life. The witness of your family's happiness" had me laughing so hard I started to tear up. The production value is pretty funny as well. At one point you clearly see the footage from the helicopter is actually footage from a camera on a set of rails. It gets better. In other shots, the helicopter is super imposed over wildlife footage of wildebeests running through the Serengeti. Never the less, the helicopter looks good, however bad the commercial is. Here it is for your enjoyment:


[/Joe Bielski]

No comments: