Jan 4, 2011

Slash Carpet Bomber

A few days ago, I decided that seeing as I don't plan on running my ZX5 in Motor City Raceway's first official club race this weekend, (which I'm super looking forward to, btw!) I need something to run as my 2nd class.I decided I'd get my Traxxas Slash cleaned up, and ready for some rug runnin'.

Ordinarily, my Slash would only be run indoors, or a carpet track, but I took it out to a nearby outdoor track a few times in the summer. The dirt was still caked on it from sometime in July or August.
Other than cleaning it, I didn't make any changes to truck. It still has my FastCats carpet offroad setup on it. It's pretty basic,really. I put buggy shocks on all four corners to lower it stance by at least a few cm. When I set it up last year, I put on whatever shocks I had laying around... a set of Academy on the rear, and a set of Losi on the front. Heavy shock oil, (I think 45 or 50 wt.) and some stiff springs, makes it corner like a dream. Topped off with an LRP 8.5 and an LRP esc, it should have more than enough getupengo.

Once again saving the day, Joe Bielski will be bringing a set of brand new of stock Slash tires for me replace my very worn rubber with at Motor City. Seeing as there is no traction compound allowed in the gymnasium the track is set up in, the extra grip the new rubber will get me should help.

I was going to take it out for a test run tonight, but was worried it may be too wet. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow after work.

No comments: