Dec 20, 2010

HPI RS4 Pro 3

Any one who raced with me this summer at the FastCats Depot races knows how much I love my HPI Sprint 2. So, when I saw it's older brother, the RS4 Pro 3 for sale on rc10talk.com, I scooped it up. It's not quite as vintage as the old cars I collect... I think it was released some time in 2000/2001. I just really like the look of this car.
I got it for quite cheap, seeing as the back end of it is completely dissembled. From what it looks like, most (if not all) of the parts were included in a zip lock bag.
It looks like some of the rear differential parts are missing, but I don't think it should be very difficult to find what I need. From what I understand, a hobby store some 45 minutes away from me may still carry parts. The outdrives are super-long, and in pretty rough shape. The CVDs are super-short. This is because the belt runs down the left side of the car, so the battery can be run along the centre line of the chassis.
The shocks look pretty nice. They have threaded bodies, which is pretty nice. The shocks on my Sprint 2 are not threaded, so I may be swapping them for the Pro 3's. The under side of the chassis looks pretty good too.

And finally, here is what the car is supposed to look like. Hopefully one day, mine will look like that again! I definitely plan on getting this one up and running, and maybe even running it in FastCats GT2 class next summer.

[/Tim Sanderson]

No comments: