Sep 22, 2010

Glenwood/Holland Speedway

Last Saturday Sept 18, me Tommy D. & Ricky-Bobby went to Holland, New York to do a bit of off road racing. The weather was great, but apparently it had rained quite a bit the night before. Me and my impatience saw me out on the track a little too early with my RB5. The track was still very muddy. After 10 laps or so, I figured I'd pull it in, and wait an hour or so before bringing out my ZX5 FS. I figure I should take some pictures of it while it was still nice and shiny with new tires, body & wing. (yes, I'm one of 'those guys' who hates getting dirt on his off road cars)
The only video of racing I'll upload is of some 1/8 scale electric buggy's... The three of us all did pretty bad, and don't want our shame shown to the world. ;)

We only stayed for the first 2 qualifiers, before we left due to one of us feeling a little green in the gills from the night before. [rick]I won't say who it was, though.[/rick] We did do a little shopping on the way home though.
Before we left, Drew took a touring car onto the Holland Speedway oval track, for a speed run. He figures he hit about 100kph (60mph) before taking a tumble heading into the second lap. Another video out there shows him hitting 124kph. (77mph)

We all had a lot of fun, and everybody there was very nice. Next time we go, it will most likely be when the indoor Buffalo, NY track is up and running for Saturday club racing.

Tim Sanderson

No comments: