Sep 17, 2010

Glenwood RC: Prep 1

Tomorrow, me and a couple of racing buddies (Tommy D & Ricky-Bobby) are headed over the border to do some club racing at Glenwood RC. There are still a few weeks left in their outdoor season, so we will be running on the track on the Holland Speedway grounds.

Last night I made some setup changes to my Kyosho Lazer FS, that will hopefully suit the outdoor track. Using a setup I found online as a base, I moved the positions of the camber links, added/removed some ball stud shims, changed shock positions, as well as changed to some stiffer springs up front.

I was quite over geared at last Sundays Depot races, so I dropped down to a 22 tooth pinion. I have a feeling I am going to be under powered on the 1/8 scale track with just an 8.5t motor, but it is the fastest (sensored) motor I have at the moment.

I still need a body for my Lazer, so tonight I will pick one up from Galaxy Hobbies in Mississauga. I plan on painting it in the same colour/paint scheme as I did my Academy SB-V2.

Today, I've also decided to bring my RB5 along, just in case there isn't a great 4WD turnout. I think I just need to reinstall the electronics to get it race-ready again.

I'll be sure to post some videos/pics from the days racing as soon as I can!

Tim Sanderson.

No comments: