Sep 30, 2011

Hot Rod Hobbies, Sep 29 2011

Last night myself and a few other Speed World regulars made it out to Hot Rod Hobbies for their weekly club race. This is only the third time I've been, however it is the first time I've been since they've recently moved their drivers stand. It is definitely a big improvement! Blind spots have been greatly improved, as well as getting a better perspective of the track.

I didn't have the best luck last night, as I kept ripping ball studs out of my rear bulk head. I knocked myself out of one qualifier, as well as gave myself a DNF for the main. I didn't do as well as I should have in the qualifiers I actually made it though, and got myself relegated to the B.Q. position. Getting myself ready for a bump up into the A-main, I made a silly mistake, and popped another ball stud out of my already weakened bulk head, prematurely ending my race.

All in all it was a fun night! I'd also like to thank Joe from HRH, for saving me from another silly mistake I made... I left my charger at home. He was able to lend me an Onyx 230, to ensure I was able to make it through the the rest of my night. Thanks!

I did manage to record the 2WD buggy A-main. Bob Zahn managed to walk away with this one, although for a very brief period Norm Klebert managed to borrow the lead.

Enjoy!


[/Tim Sanderson]

No comments: