May 13, 2012

Park Flying

A couple of weeks back I bought myself my first RC plane. I bought a Park Zone Pole Cat. It's a very aggressive  acrobatic flyer, and not usually a good first-time plane. However I taught myself on the Real Flight simulator and  was ready to fly it by the time I bought it. Joel (a buddy from work) and I went out to do a bit of flying after  work on Saturday. It was pretty windy, with gusts at least 15+ kph. I had the Pole Cat and Joel brought his Super Cub Here's a bit of footage of the Pole Cat in  action. (sorry for the terrible quality... they're cell phone vids) On my third battery I clipped one of the  basketball backboards, scoring myself a 3-pointer. It was pretty tricky getting it back down.

Joel was Flying his Super Cub. During a landing-gear-less landing Joel broke a blade off of his propeller. (almost  one entire half of the blade) A little CA glue, and it was back up and fling in no time. It actually held up for  quite a while, but at the end of the video you can see/hear the glued piece brake off.




[/Tim Sanderson]

No comments: