Aug 1, 2011

Losi 22

I finally made it back out to Speed World in Hamilton, Ontario, for the first time in like, a month. I've unofficially retired the RB5, in order to run new Losi 22.

I've got it set up for Carpet, meaning in it's mid motor configuration. Wow! This is an awesome buggy! I can push it as hard as I like, and don't have to worry about it traction rolling. And the amount of control you have while airborne (thanks to the 4 gear transmission) is incredible. After running a few dozen laps, I managed to get my lap times as low as 12.5 seconds... probably at least a half second faster than I would have been with the RB5. I can't wait for next Friday's club race!

Here's a quick little vid showing the 22 in action. Thanks to Super Pit co-founder Bill Jones for recording me as I ran some laps.

You can hear the diff barking throughout the video... that's because the diff was a bit of a mess when I got the car. I've been too lazy to change the diff balls yet. Eventually, I'll be dropping the Team Associated SC10's gear diff into it.

[/Tim Sanderson]



No comments: