May 6, 2011

Kyosho Shadow Score!

Finally! After a year of looking for one, I got myself a near-mint Kyosho Shadow! I bought it from a guy in British Columbia for a very good price. The price was a little under my usual spending limit on vintage cars, but in the case of the shadow, I'd have probably been willing to spend more than double that.
This was the 2nd buggy I had as a young lad, sometime in the 80's. However, I can't even remember actually driving it, so there's a good chance I never finished assembling it. I think that's one of the reasons I am so excited over finding such a complete Shadow. I plan on one day taking it for a spin, maybe make a good video of it. Anyway, here are some photos of it!




I am pretty sure that the Shadow was Kyosho's answer to Tamiya's BigWig:

It is very similar is design, right down to the one piece molded body/wing. My buddy Jeff has a newly built BigWig, so I may one day do a side-by-side comparison of the two. Anyone who goes to Speed World tonight to race will be able to see the Shadow. I plan on bringing it with me.
[/Tim Sanderson]

3 comments:

electriclzombie said...

i am fixing one up can you please send a pic of the steering mechanism so i know how it works? reply to this and i will tell you my email

electriclzombie said...

also how much is it worth?

Tim Sanderson said...

Give me an email...
tds_cl@hotmail.com.
It's hard to put a price on it. It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I got mine for $60, but would have likely paid a couple hundred bucks for it if I had to. (only because i had it as a kid) I would have paid even more if it was new in box.