Feb 28, 2011

RCNiagara, Feb 27 2011

This past Sunday was a trophy race at RCNiagara. I was quite satisfied with how my Tamiya M04 was performing, and after a substantial amount of set up work I am very happy with how my VTA was running. (especially after how poorly it handled last week) I qualified and finished 4th overall in the Mini sports/M-chassis class, and managed to squeak in to the A-main with my Sprint 2 VTA. Unfortunately for myself as well as a several others, the VTA A-main was a bit of a disaster. Several of us were knocked out of the race around the halfway point. For some reason one of the race directors bumped up four (three?) of the B-main drivers into the A-main. (and not even the top 4 from that heat) Seeing as some of the actual top 4 drivers declined to bump up, they moved further down the list to bump up drivers. This made for a very messy A-main. In my opinion, as well as the opinion some others, there should have only been one bump up from the B-main. However, that's racing for ya. :) With that being said, it was a very fun day, and I look forward to going back in couple of weeks.

There were also quite a few FastCats regulars I hadn't seen since he summer... Dave Lock, Tommaso Bilotto (sp?), Daniel Weinstein, the Hardmans, as well as some of the TCS guys Cedric, Franky and Patric.

With my HD camera no longer working, I had to borrow a lesser camera to record a few of the mains. Here are the TC Rubber A & B mains, as well as the VTA A-main. Thanks to Dave Lock for recording the VTA main it for me as I raced.

*EDIT* It may have been 3 bump ups. I'll edit this post once I find out for sure.







[/Tim Sanderson]

No comments: