Oct 31, 2010

Kyosho Ultima

Awesome, I finally got me an original Kyosho Ultima! It took me about 6 months to find the right one, but here it is:

kyosho ultimakyosho ultimakyosho ultima

It's pretty dirty, but mechanically speaking, the car is in pretty great condition. The only issues I see so far, is a broken upper deck, and one of the shock collars is broken too. For the most part, the bottom of the chassis is in good shape too.

kyosho ultimakyosho ultimakyosho ultima

The tires are in pretty good shape too, albeit suffering from the usual 'dried out vintage rubber' syndrome.
kyosho ultimakyosho ultima
A cool bonus was the car came with the same radio I had in my first r/c car in the mid 80's... an Aristo Craft Challenger 250 stick radio. It also came with the mechanical speed control, and 2 more drivers. (one of them unpainted) The old-skool 7mm/5.5mm box wrench is pretty slick too.

Photobucket
I'll be doing a complete tear-down/rebuild in the near future. (most likely after the big Offroad Carpet Shootout)

/Tim Sanderson

2 comments:

Ben Foster said...

Hi, i have got a ultima like this, i have done a big head on crash and am looking for a new front bulkhead. Do you know what model this one is?

Tim Sanderson said...

It's a pretty common part to break. I'm not sure what the part number is, but I you might be able to find one on eBay.
:)